ST. MARY'S COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECTS FOR THE MONTH OF DECEMBER
- High school religion classes cleaned and decorated the Church to prepare for the Advent Season! Senior boys made a special trip to the Church to fluff and hang wreaths for decoration. After Christmas, young men in the Junior Class took dismantled wreaths and other decorations and packed them away until next year! We appreciate the love and attention they show our Basilica!
- The local nursing homes were visited and students handed out warm blankets and socks to residents and staff. The residents were so appreciative. Hearts were blessed by such a simple gesture.
- Our Pro-Life group prayed the Rosary in front of the abortion clinic in Shreveport in November. Beginning in February, the first Saturday of every month the group will make the trip. For more information you can contact our Pro-Life sponsor, Tara Whitehead.
NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Raffle tickets are still available in the front office. This is a school wide fundraiser to help fund teacher salaries. Call the office and reserve your ticket today!!
- Save the date!!! February 5, we will meet in the school gym to recap our fall semester and talk about our plans for the spring semester. After the meeting, we will turn the projector on the Superbowl. We look forward to seeing everyone then!!
- Due to many donations from several of our families and benefactors, work is continuing on our football field. If you are interesting in helping in any way contact Coach Aldredge or Chad Methvin. Coach Aldredge is available for tours of the field house and for any additional information concerning the project. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friday, January 13 - HSBB will take on Logansport beginning at 6:00p. Come out and support your St. Mary's Tigers!!
- Saturday, January 14 - St. Mary's Invitational Quiz Bow Meet. If you are available to help Mr. Landry, please email him at email@example.com. Any time you can volunteer would be appreciated.
- Monday, January 16 - MLK holiday, NO SCHOOL!!
- Tuesday, January 17 - Students return to school, it will be a "B" day. The Tigerline Clinic begins.
- Friday, January 20 - HSBB will host LaSalle beginning at 6:00p. Tigerline Clinic will perform at half-time!
- Tuesday - BBQ chicken sandwich, baked beans, mixed fruit
- Wednesday - chicken & sausage gumbo, brown rice, sweet potatoes, rolls/crackers and fresh orange slices
- Thursday - spaghetti with meat sauce, green beans, garlic bread and pears
- Friday - nachos, fiesta corn, fresh apples and juice
- The Dress Code & Big Blue Book can be found online at http://www.smstigers.org/parents/
- Parents with questions or concerns please talk with your student's teacher first, then with Mrs. Horton, then with Fr. Deshautelle.
- For the latest scholarships and awards information use the following link, now easily accessed at www.smstigers.org. From the website click on Parents and Students, then on Scholarships and Awards. Check often for updates! The direct link for award opportunities and scholarships: www.smstigers.org/scholarship-awards/
- Please send any Box Tops, Community Coffee Labels, Campbell Labels, or Pop Tops you have collected. Download the Box Top Collection Form here and send it to school with your child. Box Top Collection Form