NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- St. Mary's Kindergartner Jayce Matt, and his little brother Caleb, are shown posing with the NFL Gold Wilson Super Bowl Honor Roll Commemorative Football, presented to the school by their great-uncle, 1975 St. Mary's graduate Petey Perot. The presentation was made pre-game of the 2015 St. Mary's Homecoming game, October 23rd. Jayce and Caleb are the children of Jacques and Christyn Perot Matt, and the grand-children of Clint and DeeDee Perot.
- St. Mary’s students in the 6th grade classes collected items for the Ronald McDonald House in Memphis, Tennessee as part of their October Service Project. A presentation was made on Friday, October 30th during Morning Prayer to Mrs. Sonya Rollo whose son, Wes, has been a patient of St. Jude in Memphis for the past two years. The Rollo's stay in the Ronald McDonald House when Wes undergoes treatments at various times. Some of the items donated were gift cards, clorox wipes, paper plates, paper towels, toilet paper, washing powder, shower liners, etc.. The Rollo's will make their last trip to Memphis in April!! If you are interested in making a donation please contact Mrs. Liz Miller at St. Mary’s. In addition to all of the items that were collected St. Mary’s Varsity Cheer donated $150.00 to the Ronald McDonald House. Way to go SMS!!!!
- 4th grade students visited the 3-year-old class this week and read stories to the students.
- This week Mrs. Leone's class learned about Community Helpers. They were visited by a fireman and he brought his fire truck and Sparky the Dog. In addition, Deputy Brian Turner discussed the work of a policeman and also showed the students his patrol car.
- Today, the 3rd grade class honored our Fallen Soldiers by going to the Catholic Cemetery.
- The High School Football team will play Block tonight at 7:00 PM at Turpin Stadium! Go Tigers!! (Senior Night starting at 6:30 PM)
- 2015-2016 Club Schedules:
- FBLA - sponsor Susan Wright
- 1st Tuesday of every month at 2:30 PM
- BETA - sponsors Jennifer Maggio & Michael Landry
- 1st Thursday of every month at 2:30 PM
- National Honor Society - sponsor Elizabeth Jonson
- The following A days every month at 2:30 PM
- September 22, October 22, November 17, December 14, January 20, February 23, March 22, April 27
- 4-H (7th-12th grade) - sponsor Susu Burke
- 3rd Tuesday of every month at 2:30 PM
- FCA - sponsor Tara Whitehead
- 3rd Wednesday of every month at 2:30 PM
- Student Council - sponsor Jacque Horton
- 3rd Thursday of every month at 2:30 PM
- 4-H (4th-6th grade) - sponsor Susu Burke
- 1st Wednesday of every month at 2:30 PM
- Saturday, November 7 - Cross Country Meet
- High School - St. Mary's Invitational - Natchitoches, LA - 8:00 AM
- Saturday, November 7 - Varsity Girls Basketball - Hall of Fame Game at Ouachita
- Monday, November 9 - Hearing and Vision Screening at 8:30 AM
- Thursday, November 12 - Varsity Girls Basketball - NCHS Jamboree - Away Game
- Friday, November 13 - Book Fair Preview Day
- Friday, November 13 - High School Football Playoff Game
- Friday, November 13 - Saturday, November 14 - Quiz Bowl will be going to Lafayette
- Monday, November 16 - Cross Country Meet
- High School - State Meet - Natchtioches, LA
- The Dress Code & Big Blue Book can be found online at http://www.smstigers.org/parents/
- Parents with questions or concerns please talk with your student's teacher first, then with Mrs. Horton, then with Fr. Ryan.
- For the latest scholarships and awards information use the following link, now easily accessed at www.smstigers.org. From the website click on Parents and Students, then on Scholarships and Awards. Check often for updates! The direct link for award opportunities and scholarships: www.smstigers.org/scholarship-awards/
- Please send any Box Tops, Community Coffee Labels, Campbell Labels, or Pop Tops you have collected. Download the Box Top Collection Form here and send it to school with your child. Box Top Collection Form