NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Happy New Year!
- Please check tags in your child's uniforms as many students are missing uniform items that had names written in them. These items get picked up quickly when the children are in a hurry and they don't think to check twice.
- Gun Raffle Winner for Wednesday, January 7 was Kelly Gray. The proud owner of a Weber gas grill from Kaffie-Frederick. Next up will be a EAA SAR K2P 9mm pistol from Jeff's Guns. Drawing to be tomorrow, January 10,2015 Congratulations Kelly and all of our Gun Raffle Winners!
- The PTO still has a few fleece school approved jackets and spirit shirts for sale. The jackets are $40 and the t-shirts are $15. We have 1 youth large (14/16), 1 men's small, 3 men's XXL. In the t-shirts we have 2 youth XS, 4 youth medium, 1 adult small, 3 adult XL, and 1 adult XXL.These items will be sold on a first come first serve basis. Please make checks payable to SMS.
- Our Box Top and label collection is going very well this year. We have received our first check from Box Tops for a total of over $1000. A special thanks to our volunteers, Angela Eversull and Misty Scarborough who continue to help in this endeavor. This money will be well spent in our technology department. As some of you may know many of our computers are running Windows XP, which is a very dated operating system, with no updates available. If any of you have computers with newer operating systems that you would be willing to donate we would greatly appreciate them! Keep collecting those Box Tops, Community Coffee labels, Campbell's labels, and codes from Coke products!
- Elementary 4 H will be collecting blankets, teddy bears, non-skid slippers and socks for the local nursing home. These items must be new and may be dropped off in the front lobby of the school. This is the 4 H January community service project. Please help support 4 H and our community!
- Please visit our website www.smstigers.org for sports and daily events!
- The Dress Code & Big Blue Book are online at the Parents' Portal. SmsTigers.org/Parents
- Parents with questions or concerns please talk with your student's teacher first, then with Mrs. Horton, then with Fr. Ryan.