NATIONAL CATHOLIC SCHOOLS WEEK
- Saturday, January 24th – SMS student will speak after 4:00 p.m. Mass.
- Sunday, January 25th – SMS student will speak after 9 and 11 a.m. Masses.
- Monday, January 26th – Faith, Knowledge and Service: In Our Nation. Religion classes will be making Valentines for Veterans.
- Tuesday, January 27th – Faith, Knowledge and Service: In Our Community. Baby Shower for Jesus – Women’s Resource Center will be collecting donated items during morning prayer. Please refer to email for list of needed items.
- Wednesday, January 28th – Faith, Knowledge and Service: In Our Students. All school mass will be held in the gym at 9am. We are very excited to have catholic musician, author, and speaker Chris Padget on campus to perform for all students. Performances will be 12:15 – 1:15 for all elementary and 1:15 – 2:15 for middle and high school students. As always, parents are welcome!
- hursday, January 29th – Faith, Knowledge, and Service: In Our Teachers. Grades 3-8 will be participating in the Religion Scholars’ Bowl held in Shreveport. The students that attended last year had a wonderful time and we thank St. John Berchmans Catholic School for extending the invitation to us once again this year. At noon there will be a Teacher luncheon in the lounge.
- Friday, January 30th – Faith, Knowledge, and Service: In Our Families. We will have a fan competition during the Lady Tiger and Tiger basketball games against Montgomery.
St. Mary's community service projects for the month of January:
- Ramen Noodles for Troops.National Honor Society is collecting chicken Ramen Noodles for Troops. These noodles will be sent to soldiers stationed overseas facing combat. Please help us support our troops!
- Ronald McDonald House Pop Tab Collection. 4H will be collecting pop tabs January-March for Ronald McDonald House, honoring Lillian Ryals.
- Elementary 4 H is collecting new blankets, slipper socks, and teddy bears for local nursing home.
NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Tigerline Clinic January 26-29 beginning at 3pm. Performance will be at 6pm on Friday, January 30.
- St. Mary's Tiger Baseball will be hosting the first annual St. Mary's Hit-A-Thon, Saturday, January 31 at Cracker Brown Field at 11 am. Please join the baseball players and coaching staff for food and fun! You may purchase tickets from any baseball player for the hamburger lunch plates that will be served at 11 am. These plates are $8 and will include hamburger, chips, drink and dessert. The players are out now collecting donations for this event. Please come out and support our Tigers!
- Congratulations to Chris Ebarb and Michael Waters. Chris' number, # 253, was the winning number on Saturday (1/17) of the 22 revolver from Jeff's Guns. The winner on Wednesday (1/21) was Michael Waters, #056. Michael won the 3000 pressure washer from Kaffie Frederick. Congratulations gentlemen and thank you again for supporting the St. Mary's Tiger Athletic Association. The next drawing will be on Saturday (1/24).
- Please visit our website www.smstigers.org for sports and daily events!
- The Dress Code & Big Blue Book are online at the Parents' Portal. SmsTigers.org/Parents
- Parents with questions or concerns please talk with your student's teacher first, then with Mrs. Horton, then with Fr. Ryan.