Click here for the largest collection of scholarships on the web
Listed below are the Scholarships and Awards that are available to students at St. Mary's Catholic School. If you have any additional questions, please contact the Director of Student Services, Mrs. Jenn Gahagan, through email.
The 2017 Wendy's High School Heisman (graduating Seniors)
Northwestern State University Essay Contest (9th-12th grades) Due May 19, 2017
Xavier University of Louisiana pre-college summer programs (for upcoming Seniors) Deadline: April 21, 2017
Current program offerings, requirements and application are available at www.xula.edu/summerprograms
Horatio Alger Career & Technical Scholarship Program (graduating Seniors) Deadline: June 15, 2017
For graduating Seniors who intend to purse a postsecondary education at a community college or technical school in the Fall of 2017. Students can apply online at application.horatioalger.org.
The Louisiana Scholars' College (12th grade)
- The Louisiana Scholars’ College is the STATE’s designated honors college located on the gorgeous campus of Northwestern State University in Natchitoches, Louisiana. With its own faculty and curriculum, Scholars’ is not just another honors program. Scholars’ goes above and beyond a simple honors program to offer students an Ivy League education at a public university price! We have very small class sizes with one-on-one interaction with professors, all of whom are involved in research and have been published within the last five years. Our instructors have taught at Duke, Indiana University, and many other institutions across the world (including in Europe). Our students have also gone on to study across the world and United States, including places like Johns Hopkins. Something to keep in mind is that, as an NSU student, you would have access to all NSU events and activities, including Greek life, athletics, theater, dance, and everything else that’s great about attending a public university (including any scholarships you’ve already been offered).
- Contact: Steven Niette (The Louisiana Scholars' College)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
United States Marine Corps (12th grade)
- Your path to college starts here: SallieMae.com/CollegePlanningToolbox
- Upromise by SallieMae helps members save for college. Join today at Upromise.com
- How America Pays for College 2016 - for the complete report, visit SallieMae.com/HowAmericaPaysForCollege
- Changes to the FAFSA: What you need to know - printable version
SallieMae Scholarship Search:
- Your Ultimate Guide to College Scholarships
- Register for Free and Create your profile
- Get matched to scholarships that are just right for you
- Receive detailed information about scholarships
- Receive email alerts when new matches are posted
***Your free registration allows you to enter the monthly sweepstakes - $1,000 is given away every month***
Mississippi State University
- Spring Preview Days will take place March 20th and March 27th. Upon arrival, students will receive a packet of information and a t-shirt for their participation. Lunch will be provided along with some of their famous MSU ice cream. Space is limited and seats will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. This event fills to capacity every year, so please register as soon as possible. Online registration goes live February 17th at 9:00am at www.orientation.msstate.edu
- Campus Visits can be scheduled online at campusvisit.msstate.edu
"In its efforts to alleviate health professional shortages, Central Louisiana AHEC (Allied Health Education Center) offers health career enticement programs to recruit students into medical careers early in their educational experience while providing them with the necessary knowledge and tools with which to accomplish their goals. Career enticement programs are designed to help students plan for their futures and make informed decisions based on exploration of healthcare fields, contact with practicing healthcare professionals, and interaction with other students pursuing a career in healthcare, hands-on activities and experiences and more. Each program offers unique opportunities for students to explore different career fields in medicine and enables participants to observe firsthand the variety of healthcare possibilities."
The North Louisiana AHEC Program information can be found at: http://www.clahec.org/north-louisiana-programs/high-school-students/
AHEC Applications and Dates
- A-HEC of a Summer - For 9th, 10th, & 11th grades. Application deadline March 1, 2016. Typically the first 15 days of June
- A Day with LATECH - For 11th & 12th grades. Application deadline November 14th, 2016. AHEC Day February 1, 2017
- A Day with the Doctors - For 11th & 12th grades. Application deadline November 14, 2016. Day with Doctors January 25 for Northwest LA Parishes - February 8 for Northeast LA Parishes
- A Day with ULM - For 11th & 12th grades. Application deadline November 14, 2016. AHEC Day February 16, 2017
- A Day with NSU - For 11th & 12th grades. Application deadline November 14, 2016. AHEC Day February 8, 2017
- M*A*S*H* 2017 - 11th & 12th grades. Application deadline March 1, 2016. M*A*S*H* Day June 2017
The FSA ID - a username and password - has replaced the Federal Student Aid PIN and must be used to log in to certain U. S. Department of Education websites. Your FSA ID confirms your identity when you access your financial aid information and electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents. If you do not already have an FSA ID, you can create one when logging into fafsa.gov, the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) at www.nslds.ed.gov, StudentLoans.gov, StudentAid.gov, and Agreement to Serve (ATS) at www.teach-at.ed.gov.
You can use your FSA ID to sign a FAFSA right away. Once the Social Security Administration verifies your information in one to three days, or if you have linked your PIN to your FSA ID, you will be able to use your FSA ID to access the websites listed above. For help, visit StudentAid.gov/fsaid.
The Federal Guide to Student Aid 2016 - 2017
- Do you need money for college? This publication provides basic information on federal student aid to help you pay for college or career school. For more information visit: studentaid.gov
Seton Hall University - Catholic High School Achievement Award
- An $8,000 award, exclusively for students who attend Catholic high schools, will be distributed in increments of $2,000 annually for four years. This award will be added to either our Public Tuition Rate or University Scholarship, which average more than $22,000 annually for eligible students. This means students from Catholic schools can anticipate a total scholarship of more than $96,000 ($24,000 annually). In addition, students can still qualify for need-based aid and apply for other scholarships. Learn more at www.shu.edu/go/scholarships.
FIDM - Creative Careers
FIDM is a WASC and NASAD accredited college offering Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science and Associate of Arts Degree Program. For more information and scholarship information, go to fidm.edu/go/fidmscholarships.
Oberlin Conservatory of Music - 2016/2017 Auditions
The Prudential Spirit of Community Awards Program
The Prudential Spirit of Community Awards were created by the National Association of Secondary School Principals and Prudential Financial in 1995 to honor both middle and high school level students for outstanding acts of community service. Since then, more than 115,000 you volunteers have been honored at the local, state and national level. To learn more, visit spirit.prudential.com.
The University of Southern Mississippi
USM is an accredited, institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Dance.
All incoming dance majors must successfully audition for and be accepted into the department. Auditions include a ballet barre, modern/contemporary phrase work, choreography and a prepared solo. Students are accepted based on technical and performance skills and potential to succeed in our program. Visit www.usm.edu/dance/information for more information.
Louisiana State University Summer Scholars Program (SSP)
An eight-week summer program that prepares high achieving under-represented minority students to make a successful transition from high school to college. The program is open to 2017 high school graduates who have applied, are eligible for enrollment, and have a commitment to earn their undergraduate degree.
Summer Scholars makes a lasting impression on all who attend, giving participants the opportunity to become adjusted to the academic, personal, and social challenges they may face as new freshmen. Participants are required to attend Tiger Exploration meetings three times a week during which important topics such as note-taking strategies, time management, stress management, career exploration, critical thinking, personal adjustment, and test-taking strategies are covered. The weekly meetings with campus faculty, staff and administrators give the participants a head start on the fall semester. The participants are able to establish their own sense of community before they are joined by more than 5,500 of their fellow freshman classmates in the fall!
There are tutoring sessions that teach learning strategies and exciting programs on leadership development. The participants will be enrolled in 6 credit hours. Enrichment trips have included places, such as the Tangipahoa African American Heritage Museum in Hammond, World War II Museum in New Orleans, STENNIS Space Museum, in Stennis Center, MS, and the Brooks Museum of Art and the Civil Rights Museum in Memphis, Tennessee.
The program awards each accepted student a SCHOLARSHIP covering tuition, housing, and a meal plan for summer 2017!
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, MARCH 10, 2017.
Complete applications must include all of the following from the student to be considered:
- A completed Summer Scholars online application coversheet
- A copy of high school transcripts, including ACT or SAT scores
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one letter of recommendation should be from a high school representative)
A Personal Statement: This should be autobiographical, and no more than one single-spaced typed page. It should explain your reason for applying to the Summer Scholars program, as well as choosing LSU, and your course of study/career goals.
NOTE: Program participants may be required to cover some LSU fees and additional services, estimated to be as much as $500. Other expenses such as parking, books, and other incidental charges will be the responsibility of program participants.
Foundation For Rural Service Youth Program 2017
FRS seeks to sustain and enhance quality of life in America by advancing an understanding of rural issues. With our Scholarship Program and Youth Tour to Washington, D.C., the foundation encourages telcos to engage local youth to invest in the next generation of rural leaders.
Registration for the Youth Tour begins October 14, 2016 and continues until full. If you have any questions or comments regarding these programs, or if you would like some helpful hints for their implementation, please contact FRS at email@example.com or 703-351-2026.
Louisiana Sheriff's Scholarship Program
The Louisiana Sheriffs' Honorary Membership Program will award sixty-three scholarships of a maximum of $500 each for the academic year 2016 - 2017.
Sheriff Victor Jones is an affiliate of the Honorary Membership Program and a scholarship will be awarded to a graduating high school student from Natchitoches Parish. Sheriff Jones will also award two additional scholarships of a maximum of $500 each.
Return completed applications to the Natchitoches Parish Sheriff's Office, Deputy Sandra Moreau, by April 1, 2017. All scholarship winners will be announced by May 1, 2017.
- Louisiana Sheriff's Scholarship Program Criteria
- More information call Deputy Sandra Moreau at 318-357-7802
Cameron Impact Scholarship
The Cameron Impact Scholarship is a merit-based undergraduate scholarship for incomparable individuals who have the ability to make real, tangible contributions to their families, friends, and the greater society.
*10 scholarships awarded per annum
*Four-year, full tuition scholarship (estimated $20,000-$50,000 per annum)
*Freedom in choice of school and area of study
Please visit our website www.bryancameroneducationfoundation.org to find more information about our Foundation and Scholarship.
Farm Bureau Scholarships
An applicant will be chosen for The Louisiana Farm Bureau Foundation Scholarship application and that person will be submitted for review by the state office in which 5 recipients are chosen statewide.
Please make sure that all applications are received in our local office by the deadline of February 28, 2017.
Of you have any questions call Donna Birdwell, office administrator, at (318)352-8111
Nursing Schools Almanac (12th grade)
Nursing Schools Almanac has just launched its third annual Aspiring Nurse Scholarship. A $1000 scholarship will be awarded to an aspiring nurse who best demonstrates
- A track record of academic excellence, particularly in science and mathematics
- A passion for the nursing profession and the overall field of healthcare
This scholarship is open to all high school seniors who plan to pursue college education in nursing, including LPN/LVN, ADN and BSN programs. Applications will be accepted until midnight on June 30, 2017.
Ark-La-Tex Agricultural Council Scholarship (12th grade)
- Applicants must submit a completed application form along with current high school transcript, ACT scores, 4-H Club or FFA record book with supporting materials, and two letters of recommendation to the Scholarship Selection Committee by April 3, 2017. The selections will be made by mid April. Send application and documentation to: ALTAC SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE P.O. BOX 53226, SHREVEPORT, LA 71135. For an application call Kay Stough (318) 465-0156
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior with an overall scholastic average of 3.0
- The scholarship is renewable for 4 years providing the recipient maintains a 3.0 or better GPA in college. The winner is responsible for presenting a copy of his or her college grades annually to the Community Foundation at 401 Edwards St #105, Shreveport, LA 71101
- The scholarship will be awarded in the form of a check made payable to the college to be attended and the applicant for one-half of the total amount of the scholarship each semester (or one-third of the amount each quarter)
- The amount of the scholarship is to be $1000 annually, subject to revision by the Scholarship Selection Committee
- Applicant must be a Louisiana resident and an active member of a Louisiana 4-H Club or FFA Chapter
- Applicant must be an entering freshman majoring in some field of agriculture, home economics or life science
- Recipient must agree to enroll in a Louisiana college or university
- Recipients of this scholarship are encouraged to attend the Ark-La-Tex Ag Council Annual Meeting which is usually held the third Thursday in August
- Grants are given at the discretion of the Selection Committee
- These guidelines may be modified at any time
NSU Louisiana High School Essay Contest (9th - 12th grades) Deadline: May 19, 2017
For more information please see the Contest Rules or contact Dr. Shane Rasmussen at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 318-357-4332.
Aspiring Animation Professional Scholarship Program (12th grade)
$1000 will be awarded to high school seniors that are interested in pursuing an animation career path at an accredited post-secondary school or college. Interested students should visit www.animationcareerreview.com to find eligibility information along with the online application. The scholarship will be on the right side of the page. Deadline is June 1, 2017.
Aspiring Business Professional Scholarship (12th grade)
$1000 scholarship will be awarded to students that are interested in pursuing a business degree at any accredited post-secondary school or college. Interested students can visit www.onlinembareport.com to find the scholarship at the right side of the page. Deadline is June 1, 2017.
Northwestern State University eNSU - online campus
Northwestern State University is home to the first and largest electronic campus, offering 39 fully accredited online degree programs and 23 online certifications. Please visit www.nsula.edu/ensu for more information.